Pre-Mortem...

Hey there! This semester I’m going to be taking a class on software quality and testing with
professor Ken Bauer, for which I will be posting updates in written blog format. I once took
another class with him (a class on Software Engineering), for which you can see all my
blogs here. My final review on that course can be seen here.


If you read any of the previous links, it can be noticed that Ken’s teaching method is not
ordinary. And this semester is not going to be the exception, we’ll still be taking a
flipped-learning approach but with a few changes.
Attendance, for example. Previously, there used to be no attendance. Being physically present
in class was optional, it was up to everyone of us how we divided our workload and our times.
Now, attendance will be closer to ordinary. Our final course grade will depend on meeting the
necessary requirements for a certain grade. For example, if we think we deserve a 95/100
grade, we'll have to prove we meet all necessary requirements for that grade.




We’ll also going to be working on a project as our final delivery. Actually, my next post will be
about exactly that. But for now, I can only say I expect for this semester to be a very productive
one. I find this flipped learning style to be an interesting approach for this particular course,
and I think if done appropriately, we can certainly reach our goals.

So, if you want to keep track of all we’ll be doing, I’ll be posting blogs as the semester goes by!
Stay put.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Time Flies

Commitments > Promises